OS Selector 9.0 -> WinXP PRO SP2 issues

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by eva2000, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eva2000

eva2000 Registered Member

I'm having minor issues, I've installed my main WinXP PRO SP2 os on my system below

AMD64 3000+ Venice
    DFI NF4 SLI-D
    2x 256MB KHX3200K2/512
    160GB Seagate 7200.7 SATA NCQ on SATA port 3
    550W GTR PSU

but i haven't installed any chipset drivers or any drivers on the OS yet, what i want to do is, copy the os in OS Selector and then try out different NF4 board chipset drivers on separate copies of WinXP PRO SP2.

Problem is when i boot into a copy of the OS, and try to install NF4 chipset drivers, nvidia install program gives me an error saying WinXP PRO installation wasn't complete ?? but i get no probs in the original winxp pro instance ??

where does OS Selector sort the copied OS files ?

Also i tried more than one attempt to do this even copying a fully drivered OS copy and the copied instance when booted from doesn't allow me to drag and reorganise my quick launch toolbar icons, but my original copy of the OS allows me to drag and reorganise the icons in quick launch toolbar o_O Also on the copied version OS i can't drag or move icons on my desktop either o_O

thanks

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  2. eva2000

bump...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eva2000,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Could you please clarify what error you got when you tried to reorganize the quick launch toolbar icons? Also please make sure you have set the options of your system files and folders in Acronis OS Selector correctly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. eva2000

there is no error just using mouse can not even drag an desktop icons or quick launch toolbar icons even when i unlock the toolbar but when i boot into original OS i can.

what options for system files/folders there's only one option available

5. Acronis Support

Hello eva2000,

In your operating system properties in Acronis OS Selector please choose Folders and click Properties button for each folder (there should be three folders: Windows, Program Files and Documents and Settings). Please make sure for all the folders the option of restoring folder content is set to Enabled.

After that you need to copy the operating system clicking Edit -> Copy. You will get the confirmation prompt, please press Yes button.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. eva2000

Well i updated to Disk Director 9.0.959 build and Enabled restoring of folder content before copying the OS again, and still same problem, quick launch icons aren't dragable to be rearranged in quick launch toolbar anymore, desktop icons aren't dragable on desktop anymore, windows explorer file listing icons aren't dragable either etc

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  7. Acronis Support

Hello eva2000,

This problem is really strange. Could you please send the description of it to support@acronis.com and we will contact our Development Team for possible solution. If you don't get any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which will be sent to you in autoreply to your letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.