OS Selector 9.0 (b549) installation problems

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by AcronisUser, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcronisUser

AcronisUser Registered Member

Hello!
    I have a problem to install OS Selector 9.0 (b549) on my IBM ThinkPad T21 (w2k, latest patches from Microsoft). During Disk Director 9.0 installaton the system hangs at about 3/4 of the installation progress bar, right after I said 'ok' to install the OS Selector. Only forced power cycle boots the system. Nevertheless the HD shows as full, although it had 8GB free before the installation. A hidden folder in C:, called 'BOOTWIZ' (if I remember properly) eats the whole HD space. When I tried to launch the OS Selector from Windows, it started, but Tools->Activate did not work, producing just an error message that it cannot be activated. I was forced to restore the system using a TrueImage file, what I luckily had. Can anybody tell me what might be wrong with the installation?

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, AcronisUser

Welcome to Wilders.

I can not say what went wrong with your install, but my advice would be to try using the latest build #553, and see if it installs without problems.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. AcronisUser

AcronisUser Registered Member

The problem was simpler than I expected. It was an antivirus/antispyware software silently denying the installation. Now everything is allright, I can boot w2k, rh9 and freebsd on my IBM T21 without any problems. I was using grub and other *nix disk tools before, but now I see the DiskDirector is somewhat easier to use. Thanks to Acronis! Good work!

4. gsaito

gsaito Registered Member

I also had virus protection activated in BIOS, which may have been the reason for the hang on Acronis OS Selector reboot. I hard reseted the computer and disabled virus protection, but OS Selector would still hang just the same. What solved the problem was running the boot diskette suggested above to install a fresh MBR, which allowed me to boot into my active Windows partition, then running the Repair option of Acronis OS Selector installation. Now everything is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.