OS Selector 10 disables itselfs

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Andreas17, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreas17

Andreas17 Registered Member

I've deinstalled OS Selector of DiscDirector Suite 10 because it has disabled itselfs.

After installing it it had worked fine for a while. But then during reboot the system printed out there's no bootable system partition available. I can't find any log where I can see what's really wrong and without any diagnosis information I've no other choice than to switch of this peace of software.

I had to recover the MBR using my Windows XP CD and to reinstall the Windows Boot Manager.

I'm unsing Windows XP SP2 with any recommended patch by Microsoft.
    I've two harddrives with several partitions. On two partitions I've installed a separate system, one for working and one for taking experience.

The rest of the software works fine but the OS Selector is useless with this behaviour. Please fix it.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Andreas

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Andreas17

Dear Kirill

Sorry for late answer but I was in holiday.
    I've filled out the support form as requested. Please do not hesitate to ask for more information you may need for diagnosis.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Andreas

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andreas17,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. Andreas17

Dear Kirill

I didn't get any Acronis Request #. Should I?

Fortunately this misbehaviour does not really handicap me but I'm happy that I have no real issue.

Kind regards,
    Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.