OS Problem...Slow PC...Recover to previous state...Help!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by digishank, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digishank

digishank Registered Member

HI,

I have currently installed windows XP service pack 2. My sister has installed a vista theme pack over the windows xp while i was away.Now it was super slow.so i un-installed the theme pack.

But now it gives various kind of missing dlls annd registry errors.I can't re-install Windows XP cause i am super busy with my exams and also i don't have time to re-install all those softwares. So can any one help? I dnt have system restore point as well.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

digishank, first, welcome to Wilders! With the Registry's corruption, no restore points and I assume never having used backup software, unfortunately, an OS re-install is the only way to go.

Once that PC is back, use the free Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Express program to make a complete backup. Also, create a Limited User Account for your sister, so nothing can be installed unless you do it.

3. digishank

sorry for the late reply.I was super busy with my exams.Oh..seems like i am going to have hard time finding all those softwares currently installed.Anyway today one of my friend told me about a registry cleaner software called JV Powertools 2009. he said it had helped him lot of times..when his pc gets crashed because of unwanted softwares.So i am going to give a one last try with it before format the pc. going to try it now and let you know. thanks for the help. really appreciate it.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

digishank, you're welcome! Let's us know what happens.

5. digishank

hi all, hope you all doing well.it's been some time that i last contributed to the forum. i was super busy in last weeks.however i am very happy to say that JV Powertools 2009 worked for me. i feel really like to got that before things getting worse.

really recommend it with honest trust to anyone and really impressed with it.by the way i want to thank again you all, about the help you have given.bye all.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

digishank, glad to hear that JV Powertools 2009 fixed your problems and thanks for posting back. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.