OS does not load after changing space - desperately seeking help

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by rajk, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajk

rajk Registered Member

I am desperately seeking help as my production server is down. I was runnning out of space on the C: partition and added about 1 GIG of space from the D: partition that had 5 GIG of free space available.

Disk Director asked me to commit changes and reboot. I clicked on Reboot and the server never booted back up.

I get Invalid Operating System Error! after a successful POST.

I have tried to fix MBR using the Acronis utility. I have also sent the report using the report utility. I have not heard from support yet.

I am wondering anyone who is looking at this forum, who has experienced this can help me out.

I am in deep trouble.....

Please help

2. tbrown

tbrown Registered Member

Same thing happened to me in win2k. I had created 2 partitions on 1 hard drive 2 years ago and installed win2k on the c partition with d partition being used for data. Free space on c: went to 100 meg and d: still had 2 gig. Tried to assign some of the free space to c from d and now the pc will not boot up completely. It thinks the c: drive is d and that the d: drive is c: Now when it boots up, it startsup windows and then says saving your settings and reboots. It does this infinitely.

Attached Files:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rajk and tbrown,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

To rajk: Could you please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send me a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

To tbrown: Please do the follwing:

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    COPY CDDrive:\I386\NTLDR C:\
    COPY CDDrive:\I386|NTDETECT.COM C:\
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

If this does not help then please create Acronis Report once again and send it in a request for technical support. Please provide a link to this thread in the request. We will investigate the issue and do our best to provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.