Orphaned ESET clients

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by JoeyJoeJoe, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Registered Member

Thanks to the crack support staff at ESET, all of my settings were recently wiped out during an upgrade of ERAS. I was assured that the upgrade "won't even require a reboot". Be warned.

During the panicked process of rebuilding the server settings ASAP, I accidentally chose a policy I had used for testing purposes. The policy unchecked 'Connect to Remote Administrator server'.

All the clients out there checked in with ERAS, and pulled down a policy that cut them off from reporting back to the server.

The only process that has worked to get my clients to report back in was the following:
    • uninstalling the client
    • rebooting,
    • installing the client again
    • rebooting.

Pushing out a install over the existing one appears to do nothing. I'm not sure suggesting that is a good idea.

I can't imaging having to do this for hundreds of computers and I'm hoping someone out there has a better solution. I know I'm asking for a lot but if someone from ESET wants to be a hero, that would do a lot to keep me as a customer.

2. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Registered Member

Anyone?

3. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Well if your clients are not running the latest version of NOD32 is easy, then you just push out a newer installer.

I just tested the .msi switch command to force a reinstall/repair but that didn't work out as expected. (Did reinstall but didn't take the config file with it..)

You might need to script something to uninstall/install unattended. I don't think the reboots are really necessary before you install NOD again after uninstall? (Or does it really say so during install?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.