Ordering FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by cthorpe, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

So I really want to get the Raxco version of the software, as the brief contact I had with their tech support the other day was positive. I will probably be ordering one of the CD versions, as they are a lot cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with Provantage as a distributor?

Thanks,
    Ct

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Afraid not Ct. I've always just ordered from Raxco. They are one of the very few who are worth the m oney

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Raxco will offer support when you order a discounted CD, and when you are on a tight budget it's worth to go that route.
    I'm sure that all resellers offer reliablity, otherwise they would not be listed by Raxco.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Hi, cthorpe:

I've bought both PerfectDisk and FD-ISR from both amazon AND ProVantage. I usually just check which has the stock, ship speed, and then cheaper price shipped to my door and choose between the two that way. Sometimes one or the other will have a sale or a rebate going. Never had a lick of trouble.

Yes, I've done it several times because I have 6 or 7 licenses for each and, unfortunately got them piecemeal rather than by the 5 pack.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

cthorpe,
    When I bought FDISR at Raxco, I also got a link to download FDISR again.
    So pay attention at the screens when you are buying FDISR and watch out for a download.
    FDISR has no serial number or anything else, just a registration form. You just get another installation file.

6. crofttk

Yep, you can pay the higher price and have that privilege off the bat and have it NOW or you can pay the lower price, wait a day or two and have the actual CD in your hands. Your choice.

Annual upgrade protection/assurance is only $8 or so a pop whether you buy the CD or download it online.

If you were in Belgium I can see where you might prefer to download it but I see you are in Texas.

7. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I bought FD-ISR from Provantage. I had my 2 copies in my mailbox in 2Days :)

8. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

Ended up ordering the downloads straight from Raxco... I called to ask a couple of questions, and they convinced me to order it from them...

Raxco has catapulted themselves to the top in customer service as far as I am concerned.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes indeed. See PM.

Pete

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What do u mean by this? So how u activate the product?

11. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

The code`s built into the exe file that they give you to download.

12. crofttk

Which "code" is that? I believe it's simply that you don't get access to a download of the "full version" until you purchase whereupon they give you a link to download from.

In any event, I use the same install file to install on 6 different machines (yes, I own 6 or 7 licenses) with no problem so far.

13. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

You could be right crofttk ,it`s in the download no matter how ya look at it.

14. crofttk

:D I'll certainly give you that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.