Option for changing WSA 2014 skin

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by GSL, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSL

GSL Registered Member

IMO the military themed skin for WSA 2014 products is quite fugly, will appreciate a option for changing the skin. Preferred the theme in version 2013 as it has much more cleaner look.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

kind of a good point. i have heard from a handful of clients this same thing. they preferred the lighter colored theme. i know its only the gui and personally i actually like it. but this came from actual customers. even maybe just one additional skin to change to a lighter color would be cool.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I second you and hence I started the idea thread on the Webroot Community, so if you mind you can cast your Kudo :)

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Already voted.;) If the idea get enough votes there, we may get changing skins for WSA.:D

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I think users can express their desire for skins also here on Wilders because Joe is everyday's visitor and this thread surely won't escape his attention. :)

6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Of course. But they can't give kudos here. Joe will get a hard time keeping track of the number of votes as many would simply vote but not post a comment. So no substantial persuasion to introduce a new feature. Hence the idea section in the Webroot forum.;)

7. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Sure but not all are willing to sign up in to another forum ;)

8. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I don't use the kudos system, but I can comment, and I have done over there. ;)

9. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The UIs have been designed to be consistent across all products, and have several different color schemes which need to be reflected (warning states, expired states, etc.) I think adding color customization could be possible, but it may end up looking strange, as there are many different colors within the UI (between text/images/etc.)

10. GSL

GSL Registered Member

Could you provide a screenshot showing how will the UI end up strange if different color is applied?

11. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'm traveling at the moment but there are 50+ slightly different colors within the UI (between varying colors of text captions, to button styles, to images). They would need to change depending on the overall state, as they do now with the adjustments in the hue when the UI changes to red/amber/blue/green.

12. micafighter

micafighter Registered Member

I actually really love the new look, but choice is always welcome because everybody has different taste :)

13. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I like the new look better as well. 2013 product's UI was irrational.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.