optimise scanning

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ellison64, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Does nod3 av have the optimise scanning option built in?.I see that option in 2.7 in amon setup but not in 3.
    tia
    ellison

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Real-time file system protection setup -> Advanced setup -> Optimized scanning

3. ellison64

i still do not see optimize scanning in advanced setup ??

Attached Files:

4. ellison64

This is the option in 2.7 that i cant see in 3...

Attached Files:

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Eset Smart Security has a submenu called "Real time file system protection" , it is just below the "Antivirus and Antispyware" . Previous builds of EA v3 had this option , too . I looks like the current RC1 of EA v3 lacks this option , which I strongly believe is a bug because it contains some options that should be there . As Marcos pointed out , the optimised scanning is located in this submenu and is enabled by default

6. ellison64

Thanks for the heads up.Theres a few things that i havent been able to find easily ,though with help here i ve finally found them.My eyesight aint as good as it used to be so i thought i may have missed it somewhere.I guess i dont need to report it if it is a bug as marcos will see it here anyway.
    Thanks again hitech_boy
    ellison

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ;)

8. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Found it:

Attached Files:

9. ellison64

If its showing for you then it must be something to do with my system?.I wonder why i cant see it?
    ellison

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Right now I use ESS , not EA.
    If it is showing for some users , try to reinstall EA to possibly fix it.

1. Download fresh new version from http://www.eset.eu/download/beta
    1. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    2. Reboot the computer when prompted
    3. Delete manually these three folders

- C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Local Settings\Application data\Eset

4. Install again EA RC1 . Use Typical install and keep essbeta for username/password :thumb:

Let us know if anything changes

11. ellison64

Ok i ll try that.I used my own name and serial last time.Maybe that made a difference?Ill post back with results.
    Thanks
    ellison

12. ellison64

Well ive just followed your instructions hitech_boy.Deleted the application data eset folders in all user/user tree.Cleaned registry afterwards with ace utilities.Downloaded the beta from the link.Choose typical install ,and used the beta name and password ,and its exactly the same with those etra settings missing.Ive noticed outlookis not showing under pop3 mail clients tree either (though i dont have outlook installed...is that why?)
    Anyhow any ideas what else may be the problem?.By the way im using w2000 pro sp4
    tia
    ellison

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Perhaps that is a bug for Win 2000 systems . Note that me and The_Duality use XP and Vista .

I think you should contact ESET with the internal option and ask for more info or possibly report it .
    With Opened EA user interface , choose Help -> Contact Technical support

In the first part :
    Fill in everything , describe your problem , include a link to this thread

In the second part (after you click Next>)
    Allow the program get information about your current EA installation , about your system so that ESET team can analyse it in a more detailed way . You can also attach file(s) - attach a screenshot .

Follow the instructions and send the "support ticket" . I hope you'll soon get in touch with someone from ESET's great Support Dept. :thumb:

14. ellison64

Thanks ive done that....though im not sure if any logs have been collected or if the message has been sent,as i didnt see any network actiivity.Ill email tech support too ,to be sure and point to this thread as you suggested.
    thanks
    ellison

15. ellison64

Well i ve had confirmation that this bug has been fixed and the setting will be available in next release for w2000 :)
    ellison

16. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Aha , so as I said - this is in Win 2000 only . Thanks for lettings us know , ellison :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.