Optimal table disappear from left panel: Jetico1

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mido, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mido

Mido Registered Member

Group,

Jetico v1
    The optimal protection table disappear from the left windows in configuration.

It is happen because an attack or malfunction?

If it's because an attack, how protect Jetico again that without an Hips or if it's a malfunction with... how fix it?.

I have Kaspersky AV and Jetico is inside the trust zone "full trust" of Kaspersky and Kasperky is allow "all" inside Process attack table of Jetico.
    That mean the problem don't come from Kaspersky, I suppose.

Probably nothing between that, but it happen after I download the new version of DeepBurner Pro (trial) from them web site, I ran the other version since 2 weeks.

I have made many scan, Avg AS (full version), MAlwarebytes, superantispyware, Kaspersky (full version), and Eset (scan on line), they found nothing, and after I run SmitFraudFix option1 and 2.

And since few day after the Bios logo and before the countdown 7,6,..., the black screen with cursor in top corner will take 30 sec?

thank.

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Since you did run many scanner and they found nothing, it is pretty safe to say you don't have any Malware in your computer.

Maybe a bug or conflict with Jetico, I would try to uninstall it, clean the registry and reinstall then see what happend.

3. Mido

Mido Registered Member

Antarctica,

It was the first thing I have done when that optimal problem appear yesterday, I uninstalled Jetico, clean these files and after the registry and resinstalled Jetico on another name "for perhaps? change value name in the the registry".

But this problem "Optimal protection disappear" happen another time this morning?

By the way, after the problem Yesterday I do a scan with Kaspersky and Avg AS, and after the second fail this morning I used Malwarebytes, superantispyware and all others I wrote on the first post with a fix with SmitFraudFix.

Ho, I just forgot to say, I discover yesterday I had an other account inside almost all property of any files I checked. Usually I have "System", "Administrator" and "myUser" account, but til SmitFraudFix of this morning, I one more account?

Since I use SmitFraudFix "I suppose" this other user account is disappear, for all files I have check!

I have to say for have a better security, I, many weeks ago, refuse or deny all rights for the System account on many .exe like CMD, MSHTA, TELNET an perhaps 15 other ones.

About these authorization rights, this morning I had lot difficulty to ran a .bat file or ComboFix even in safe mode, until I use SmitFraudFix?

I don't exclude this, but what kind of conflict or bug can do that and without Hips how can make Jetico more stronger?

thank.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  4. Mido

Mido Registered Member

re,

I would like to add.

After the second failure I remove few rule from System IP Table (We never know):

incom., UDP, Source Add:10.184.0.0/16(IANA), Dest. Add:255...255, Source: 67, Dest.: 68.

incom., UDP, Source Add:0.0.0.0, Dest. Add:255...255, Source: 68, Dest.: 67.

Not necessary to say now I have lot reject line in the log.

thank.

5. Mido

Mido Registered Member

re,

I would like to add.

After the second failure I remove few rule from System IP Table (We never know):

incom., UDP, Source Add:10.184.0.0/16(IANA), Dest. Add:255...255, Source: 67, Dest.: 68.
    incom., UDP, Source Add:0.0.0.0, Dest. Add:255...255, Source: 68, Dest.: 67.
    Not necessary to say now I have lot reject line in the log.

Also, if somebody have the answer. This morning I download at PC Flank the test: PC Flank Leaktest NEW !, the one where we enter some text and if we fail the test, after we can see this text on them site.
    Jetico this morning fail this test, I'am not sure but do Jetico v1 is not suppose to succeed this test?

thank.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  6. Solaris

Solaris Registered Member

Hi,

With Jetico V2, I have tried the PC Flank leaktest with success (with the ‘Indirect Access to network’ table), but the network connection is stopped (as often with this table) until we shutdown the leaktest program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.