Optimal configuration for ZoneAlarm Pro?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr1965, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Would anyone have info how to configure ZA Pro? I have a desk top which sits behind a high speed modem with a built in firewall. And I have a laptop. The laptop will be used for wifi connections. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

2. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Help file? Upper right hand corner, for starters.

3. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

would you like your machines to see eachother? Or would you like them to be stealth to anything? If i dont remember wrong, you can via the menu see which network you are connected to and set rules for each network profile.

Since you are using the laptop on wifi i would recommend you set the settings to untrusted network and leave it there.

4. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

During installation ZA advises a little bit what to do and sets some defaults.
    Depending how the router is secured, one puts it as Trusted or Internet.

The problem here is one doesn't know WHAT part of setup is being addressed or what the goal is. Are there problems?

Firewall? Programs? Smart Advisor? Components? Email? Network settings? Which tab is causing issues?

Starting with Help does make sense at the beginning, at least to get oriented in what's available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.