Opswat Security Score beta

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tarnak, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Odd. I get '63' but it's detecting Hard Disk Encryption when I only use it for a small, and currently unused partition. It also seems to detect a backup, I guess that's an automatic Windows Backup or something because I don't make backups myself.

I have no antivirus but it gives me a 16/30. And for some reason "Public File Sharing" gives me a 2 out of 5 because I use uTorrent. Not sure what that means.

3. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

I had to extract the files of SecurityScore.exe contents and run SecurityScore_GUI.exe from the folder of its extracted files as for some unknown reason SecurityScore.exe refused to open o_O

Got an expected score bleh

Nice thing is, this seems to be a portable app.

4. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

lol I found what was causing the described issue - Webroot SecureAnywhere... SecurityScore.exe runs normally if I start it with WSA's SafeStart Sandbox.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I got 98/100, because of 28/30 for "Bronze Certified" Antivirus. It doesn't detect my uTorrent , because I use settings.dat (portable mode). I use Truecrypt for (full disk) encryption, and Windows Backup was tried once, hence the perfect scores. Everything else was Windows default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.