Opswat Security Score beta

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tarnak, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Odd. I get '63' but it's detecting Hard Disk Encryption when I only use it for a small, and currently unused partition. It also seems to detect a backup, I guess that's an automatic Windows Backup or something because I don't make backups myself.

I have no antivirus but it gives me a 16/30. And for some reason "Public File Sharing" gives me a 2 out of 5 because I use uTorrent. Not sure what that means.

3. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

I had to extract the files of SecurityScore.exe contents and run SecurityScore_GUI.exe from the folder of its extracted files as for some unknown reason SecurityScore.exe refused to open o_O

Got an expected score bleh

Nice thing is, this seems to be a portable app.

4. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

lol I found what was causing the described issue - Webroot SecureAnywhere... SecurityScore.exe runs normally if I start it with WSA's SafeStart Sandbox.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I got 98/100, because of 28/30 for "Bronze Certified" Antivirus. It doesn't detect my uTorrent , because I use settings.dat (portable mode). I use Truecrypt for (full disk) encryption, and Windows Backup was tried once, hence the perfect scores. Everything else was Windows default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.