OPPS I Pushed a Bad Config File!

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by bewareofthecow, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewareofthecow

bewareofthecow Registered Member

I made the mistake of a syntax error in the configuration file. The misconfiguration was in Setup > Remote administration > Primary server address

For some stupid reason I decided to prefix the server name with 'http://' then to make matters worse, I pushed out the configuration to the entire network. Now all my workstations are lone rangers and none of them connect back to the remote administration server. I can't push the correct config file to the workstations because they don't see my administration server as authoritative.

Is there a way of updating all these machines with the correct config file automatically? Or do I need to go to every single machine and manually apply the new config file?

2. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Have you tried pushing a client install?

3. bewareofthecow

bewareofthecow Registered Member

Pushing another client install does not update the configuration. I personally would like to avoid remotely uninstalling and pushing out a re-installation because getting 50 people to reboot their computers during working hours is somewhat disruptive.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

There is already a thread on this subject. Lets stick to it please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.