OPPS I Pushed a Bad Config File!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bewareofthecow, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewareofthecow

bewareofthecow Registered Member

I made the mistake of a syntax error in the configuration file. The misconfiguration was in Setup > Remote administration > Primary server address

For some stupid reason I decided to prefix the server name with 'http://' then to make matters worse, I pushed out the configuration to the entire network. Now all my workstations are lone rangers and none of them connect back to the remote administration server. I can't push the correct config file to the workstations because they don't see my administration server as authoritative.

Is there a way of updating all these machines with the correct config file automatically? Or do I need to go to every single machine and manually apply the new config file?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What about pushing a new installation with the correct ERAS configuration on the clients?

3. bewareofthecow

I've already tried that and it doesn't update the config file; but I haven't tried using the remote uninstall first, then pushing the installation again. I wanted to avoid that if possible. There isn't some kind of command line switch I could script to import the .xml settings?

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Pushing a new version will update the config, but pushing the same version doesn't work. It used to, and that's the techique I used to work. But recently (not sure which version it begun with), pushing the same package version no longer updates the config.

Jim

5. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Push an uninstall and reboot the client, and then push an install with the correct config file/package.

6. bewareofthecow

I wanted to avoid something so disruptive. Getting 50 people to reboot their computers during working hours is somewhat disruptive. It sounds like this is the only way to get it done?

7. bewareofthecow

There is no command line option to update a configuration?

8. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Nope, I once asked but for security reasons this is not available. I suggested to make it only available when a password protected setup is active but as of now this is not available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.