opinions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by montyq, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montyq

montyq Registered Member

I would like ur opinions on a good software suite that excludes fire wall. As I really like online armor, & would like to keep using It.

2. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

I used NOD32 2.7 with OA and KAV 6 and 7 with OA.
    Both were running fine with OA.

Don't know, if there is still a proxy problem with NOD32 3, never tried this combination for myself.

In OA forums are all kind of AV users, free (Avira, Avast, AVG) and paid, but if you want a suite without firewall (and HIPS?), most of them are paid.

Cheers

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

well in any of the suites you should be able to turn off the firewall.. i use and recc kis and during install you can choose custom and simply uncheck the firewall to avoid the annoying prompts it will give you telling you no firewall is turned on

4. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

look at f-secure or Kis, try them both , IMO their respective firewalls are better than Online armour & I'm not knocking OA, just I like the way they setup & allow you to protect your registry to me that's important...

5. zfactor

agreed ^^^^^ with either suite

6. subset

subset Registered Member

I know the KIS and OA firewalls very well and I think you underrate the OA firewall.
    And I am certain of it, that the OA firewall in standard mode is more practicable than the KIS firewall, because OA creates rules for a program at one click (protocols, ports and directions).
    I wish the KIS firewall would do so and not create rules for a single IP address, which is pretty annoying.

Cheers

7. zfactor

okay that i can also agree with .. that is something i do not like about kis firewall

8. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

You can simply allow all traffic for an application with, I agree, 2 clicks (there should be a shortcut for that). That's what I always use as I don't have the knowledge which port should be used by which application in which direction and so on and actually I don't want to know, either.

9. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

If you've got the paid version of online armor,I don't think'you will need an av.Maybe something like sandboxie.If you've got the free version you can try avira premium or nod 32(good proactive detection ,light on resources,that is my criteria in choosing an av if someone asks me).

10. montyq

montyq Registered Member

these r the kind of answers I'm seeking. As for me as of now , of course oa. I have win patrol, & recently d/l avg 7.5 anti-malware. ur thoughts on this setupo_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.