Opinions about GDATA:s AntiVirusKit 12

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Firefighter, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Does anyone have some opinions and even better experience of AntiViren(=Virus)Kit 12? It combines two of the very best scanners, KAV and RAV to one same program.

I know, that AVK hasn't got any VirusBulletin's 100% Awards, but the false's were minimal. Let's think about RAV, it has got 2 of its 4 VB 100% awards last year. The growing panes takes some time all of us.

Does it have an english language version at all, "Ich kann gar nix deutch zu spechen, meine deutch ist so schlecht", even swedish may be a bonus for me?

I think, that if you want a very good backup, there you might have a potential candidate, which has wider point of view than the others.

I have read from many german magazines a lot of good results, even the winner ones.

Is it more robust than KAV? What about the scanning speed?
    I have read, that it is capable to scan all archives like KAV.

Regards,
    Firefighter!

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

I reviewed AVK a while ago for Rokop-Security. The big advantages you already mentioned: it uses two scan engines. The downside of that is that the scanning speed is less than KAV or RAV because of double scanning each file. The program itself I normally recommend to German users who think KAV is not an option for them.

There is an english version of AVK. It is distributed under a different name by a different company. You will find all the information here:

http://www.mwti.net

wizard

3. Firefighter

To Wizard from Firefighter!

Did you understood my german trying. I have studied 3 years of german in the finnish upper secondary school, but the teacher said, that it was better that to leave the final test away, for her sake! :eek:

Regards,
    Firefighter!

4. Firefighter

I couldn't open that (http://www.mwti.net) link, are you sure about it? o_O

Regards,
    Firefighter!

5. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Yes I understood your German trying. ;)

The link is okay. I just tried it. Maybe the website has a problem with your webbrowser or conflicts with a proxy/firewall software.

wizard

6. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Firefighter

Hiya my man.....it is not how you speak but what is the content of your speech. These friendly people understands almost everything :). Practise makes you master anyways.
    Ok, if only I knew I would tell you about the AV you asked about, sorry, can´t help, still AVG user and I like it very much! [ till they stop updating it :( ]

Maybe you should consider any AV because the best AV you already have is between your chair and keyboard, otherways you wouldn´t be here.

friendliest
    ~Ari~

7. I think this is based on Ksapersky..

I tested it, the scanning speed is decent.. The ability to ferret out viruses is very nice.. The only problem I found is a conflict with TDS.. It may be my set up..
    The tech support is okay, if they know the answer.. If they don't, most likely you'll be ignored.. (LOL)

Overall, it's okay, I prefer NOD32....

8. Firefighter

As I remember right, this is eScan program which has only KAV engine, so there is not RAV engine within.

Correct me, if that's not true! :rolleyes:

Regargs,
    Firefighter!

9. wizard

wizard Registered Member

eScan is based on the German AVK. I have not followed the developments of EScan so I can not say if their software is based on the AVK pro version (which has two scan engines) or just on the normal AVK version with only one scan engine (KAV).

wizard

10. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Escan 2.5 uses only kernal from AVK and GUI. The version of this kernal is 10 and it does not use RAV engines.

English web site of AVK: http://www.antiviruslab.com/?lang=gb
    Trial version of AVK 11 (english): http://www.antiviruslab.com/download

Technodrome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.