Opinion: ZASS 7 or Norton 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sjoeii, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i havnt even tried ZASS7, i will let you all try it without it affecting my machine, smart move eh?

norton 2007 is good, recommend.

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Oldshep - yeah I'm waiting for the Comodo v3 and I hope the HIPS and sandbox included isn't too much for me to understand. I'm new to it. I hope they make it idiot proof. LOL The ESET Suite would be tempting, but I'm convinced stand alones are the way to go. Especially after ZA. But I always say "never say never."

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Two points,

1) SS had a very large issue at the same time you got the error message, it just quit mid scan and never continued with files! So what I did was check and they honestly indicated there was a bug they were working on. I un-installed SS , waited a week or some than reinstalled, it bug was then fixed and all was normal again.

2) I don't have NOD 32 , but BD 10, so it's not quite the same combo

I hope we are never forced to do suites, but who knows you could be right.

4. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

Escalader, It very well could have been a glitch in Spysweeper that was giving ZAP a headache. Hard to say for sure.

Anyway back on topic here, I think ZA has probably the best firewall (Comodo might just catch up on their next release). But as far as ZA's implementations of AS and AV engines, I think they are buggy and inferior in performance to stand alone apps. Accordingly, if I had to choose between NIS and ZAISS, I would definitely give NIS a try.

Oldshep

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  5. fax

fax Registered Member

Yeah, NIS is a good choice but bugs are always behind the door.....
    Fo a good overview of main NIS related problems just screen dslreports forum....

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security

The best you could do, to know how it runs on your machine, is to try it... and, in case you need to uninstall it, remember to use their removal tools (here) to get rid of all left overs...

Fax

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Norton Internet Security 2007 runs better on my comp than any av I have ever had on here, and believe me that is a lot of av programs. I fully recomend it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.