Operation terminated by user

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by stre-it, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stre-it

stre-it Registered Member

Is thare a solution for the kown error: Operation terminated by user?

I read some threads on this problem below. Every time i try to resize my partiton all seems to function properly - and than (after reboot) nothing happened: event log says "operation terminated by user" - but the user - it is me - didn't terminate the process!!!

I use Windows XP MCE 2004 and 120 GByte HDD.

Thanks for help - Stephan

2. kej922

kej922 Registered Member

I have the same thing happening to me. WIn XP MCE 2005
    380GB HDD in RAID 0
    I can't even use the bootable CD. If I run the program in normal mode, Linux craps out with an error, if I try safe mode, my mouse and keyboard don't work.

Then there is no support phone number to call, the support@acronis.com email returns you with a use the "form" on the web support page to put in a request. I may well have just drove down the street and threw my $50 out the car window.:mad:

3. Rookie75

Rookie75 Registered Member

Same here. If so many people get this problem, it's worrying that no solution has been posted - surely not a good sign!!

Well I've jumped through their hoops and submitted a request, with 2 reports, in a RAR file, with all their fields completed, having made sure I have the latest build.

I'll report here if I'm given a solution...

4. Dubinvero

Dubinvero Registered Member

I have the same problem. I did a couple of chkdsk repairs to ensure my hard drive was ok. I have a single partition C drive with about 120 Gigs of free space.

After numerous unsuccessful attempts to create a 50 Gig partition out of the free space, I tried to increase the size of the unallocated space. I got the same result. The log shows "operation terminated by user" which is not what I did. I just authorized a reboot.

I am very dissapointed in this software package. At the least the log should tell me why creating a new partition failed.

Could Acronis technical support address this problem?

Derek

5. kej922

kej922 Registered Member

Got the canned response to try the boot disk.

I'm sorry, but that was attempted before I even sent my request in in the first place. Linux kernel doesn't load in the full version running from boot disk and safe mode version doesn't load my USB keyboard and mouse. After seeing all the major issues on these boards with people losing partitions, fixing mbr's and boot.ini, having to reinstall Windows.....you shouldn't have to do any of that if the product worked correctly....and frankly I don't trust a product that would trash my system so.

6. tucsonalama

tucsonalama Registered Member

Exact same situation.

Windows MCE, Operation Terminated By User.

Calling support, if no call, disputing the charge, right now.

7. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

I have got the same problem here. Is Acronis even working on a problem? I cannot even use this software at this point. It's useless.

8. The_Missile

The_Missile Registered Member

hmmm....tried Paragon version prior to Acronis....no joy...Acronis program is also useless....in recovery mode it doesn't even recognize my hard drive with C & D drives on it, when in normal xp mode it has no problem identifiying. So frustrated, spent all sunday trying various combinations etc and absolutely 0 steos forwards, but fortunately, also 0 steps backwards..:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.