Operation in progress 0%

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Capaz, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capaz

Capaz Registered Member

Guys,

I've got 9 Windows Server 2003 machines running Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 (Build 3854). I'm running the backups using the Acronis True Image Management Console. About 25% of the time, everything works great. The rest of the time, the backup operation hangs on 0% and never makes any progress. You can't cancel the job. Hitting the cancel button does nothing. I've searched through these forums and have seen users with the same exact issue with no resolution. I've run chkdsk on the servers and everything is fine. I submitted a ticket yesterday and never recieved a response. I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on this issue.

I'm sure I could boot of the CD and get a good backup but thats not going to cut it. These are production servers that need to be online when the backups run.

2. Capaz

Capaz Registered Member

Also, I've tried backing these servers up to different destinations so that is not the issue.

Thanks.

3. Capaz

Capaz Registered Member

*** bump ***

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Capaz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please make sure that the Acronis Scheduler 2 Service is started and both schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe processes are running (use Windows Task Manager).

If that doesn't solve the problem, please do the following:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;
    - Issue the following commands:

service stop
    service uninstall

- Close schedmgr;
    - Replace schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder with the files from this ZIP archive.
    - Run schedmgr application once again;
    - Issue the following commands:

service install
    service start

- Close schedmgr;

If the problem still persists then please do the following:

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);
    - Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;
    - Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;
    - Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;
    - Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;
    - Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder;

Please also Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Capaz

Capaz Registered Member

I was able to resolve this issue. The servers having the problem were running the IBM Tivoli Client. I had to stop the "TSM Journal Service" service before starting the backup. I scripted the start/stop of the service in the pre/post commands in the scheduled backup task. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future because it was driving me crazy.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Capaz,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully. Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.