Operation has completed with errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gregunderhill, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregunderhill

    gregunderhill Registered Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    Posts:
    2
    Location:
    Colorado Springs
    I have been running Acronis True Image for more than a year and for the last six months on my Vista machine. I was backing up my raid drives to an external 'My Book' drive via firewire. That all changed yesterday when I added another SATA drive to my system. The computer recognizes the drive and so does Acronis. But when I try to do a backup, the event completes immediately with: Operation has completed with errors. I have tried the backup to the 'My Book' external and to the new internal drive with the same results. I disconnected the new internal drive and tried a backup to my 'My Book' external (this used to work) with the same results. I don't know if I am fighting a 'Vista' problem or an Acronis issue. Anyone with a possible solution or process step please respond.
     
  2. MudCrab

    MudCrab Imaging Specialist

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Posts:
    6,480
    Location:
    California
    Have you tried uninstalling TI and reinstalling it?

    It's weird that installing a new drive would cause a problem. Did you end up with any Drive Letter conflicts or changes?

    If you boot to the TI CD and do a backup, does it work correctly? (I assume what you've posted above was when running TI in Vista.)
     
  3. Acronis Support

    Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2004
    Posts:
    25,885
    Hello gregunderhill,

    Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

    Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

    If you already have the latest build, try uninstalling Acronis True Image, rebooting your computer and reinstalling again, as MudCrab suggested.

    If the that doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

    If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

    - Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

    Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

    Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

    Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

    Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov
     
  4. gregunderhill

    gregunderhill Registered Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    Posts:
    2
    Location:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks to all who responded and to Mudcrab (spelling) and Acronis for their solution. I downloaded the new drivers, rebooted, uninstalled TI, rebooted, and reinstalled TI. All works as it should and my daily backups are now going to my internal drive and weekly full backups going to my external which is kept off site. Again, thanks to all. Greg
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.