Opera Wand safety

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by aegis, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aegis

aegis Registered Member

Hi,

i have heard of trojans stealings passes ,disabling AVs and Protection software.

Are passwords stored in operas wand safe from trojan stealers?

Other password encrypted autofillers like roboform dosnt support opera. Is wand safe enough.

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I never had any passwords stolen, I also don't put important critical password on my computer like passwords to my bank account or EZfile account passwords. Such passwords stored on the computer is a NO NO.

3. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

I have to agree.

However, if you have a keylogger on your system and you manually type it in there is a 100% chance it will be logged. Using Opera's wand or firefox stuff probably won't make it any easier in this respect, and might (not saying it will) make it harder.

Moral of story don't get a keylogger running on your computer.

If you are worried about someone grabbing the password file in Opera and stealing the passwords in them, you should set a master password. The file will be encrypted using 128 bit 3DES I think, which is pretty secure unless they can guess your master password. Firefox is similar.

That said, I still prefer to keep a few important life critical passwords only
    in one place (in my head) and/or in a same physical location. Putting it on a computer with fully internet access to the world 24/7, just feels wrong to me....

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

A lot of these password stealers read the form data after you submit it, before it's encrypted. For those kinds of pw stealers, it doesn't matter how you entered the password or whether it was stored on your PC or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.