Opera problems here

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have Opera 9.22 on XP ProSP2. I came here and needed to log in because of Opera's poor cookie handling. So, I had to go look up the password. While I was doing this this board's software informed me that I had made an invalid password and lost one of my password attempts. I didn't put anything in the password field and my hand was not near the mouse or the keyboard as I had to get out my folder of passwords and search for this one so I didn't accidently try to log in. I have had this happen before with Opera and with other other browsers here if for some reason the cookie gets corrupted, etc and I have to log in.

I have this site set for Fullscreen 1280. Why do I have this extremely tiny box, scrunched all up on the left to type in? Plus, what is wrong with the main forum pages? They are displaying very weirdly on Opera.

Maybe it is not this site as Opera is acting even more weirdly at dslreports ...there i get such a tiny box (about one-quarter inch wide) to type in for a forum thread or reply that I can't do it all. But I can't use Fx or Seamonkey or any browser after a speed upgrade yesterday as those browsers will not stop loading a page even though the page looks fully loaded.. Actually, only IE works correctly on three computers.

Attached Files:

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Why didn't both screenshots show up? The site said they were uploaded.

Attached Files:

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Opera 9.23 works fine here. I've tested it many times, including again, just now.

I've never seen a browser attempt and fail a login all on its own, without a person clicking or hitting some button that would cause it to make a login attempt.

If the width settings are failing, then fully clear all cache, exit the browser completely, open back up, login and try setting the width setting again. You may have corruption of some sort. If that doesn't fix it, it is probably your Proximotron settings interfering with the data stream.

As for the attachments, multiple attachment uploads work fine in Opera, and other browsers. Why you lost one on your first post - I have no idea.

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Evidently, the width problem was because I had "fit to page" checked in preferences for Castlecops as that site produces a horizontal scroll bar on Fx and IE. In playing around with the toolbars and buttons for Opera, I got rid of the "fit to page" button and I must have gone into preferences and set it there which set it for all sites and then I didn't use Opera for awhile and forgot I had done that. When I unchecked it then it was ok at dslr and I have a normal size reply box here too. Now I have to see how to get "fit to page" button back on the tool bar.

It did attempt a login with no help from me. But for 24 hours, I had every browser doing weird stuff, Outlook Express crashing, Explorer crashing, Ping Plotter freezing, a very long list of weird stuff. I couldn't use Fx or SeaMonkey at all here or at any site. This site loaded continuously and it was very difficult to stop it with the stop button on the tool bar. After clicking many times on Stop, it would finally stop loading to start again in a few seconds on the same page! The page here looked fully loaded so why the continual loading...I have no idea. IE was ok though and didn't do any of the continual loading here or elsewhere last night but Opera was loading the pages here continually yesterday and last night also. But today Opera was ok. The gecko based browsers were still loading pages continuously today and they (and Opera yesterday and last night) had the same problem on my virtual machine and my 98SE machine. I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out was causing all the problems which started immediately after a speed upgrade from my ISP then, mysteriously, this afternoon everything cleared up and no more continual loading of the pages here and other sites on Fx. Fx is fine again. Anyhow, I think Opera somehow got caught up in the general madness and tried to log in on its own.

5. Arup

Arup Guest

Opera 9.23 works without any hitches here, absolutely no problems.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Ditto, Opera working great here also.

7. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Perfect here as well. Try View>Style and ensure Author Mode is selected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.