Opera configuration

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hurricanetracker, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

Just downloaded the NOD32 trial version - I was using AVG but saw the test-results for all the virusscanners and AVG didn't exactly perform that good ( can always go back to it ) - but have a few questions .

The manual I downloaded says you have to configure the pop-scaner by redirecting to localhost - seems natural- but I can't find this setup anywhere in NOD-control center .I want to use the scanner with the Opera-M2 mailclient as this is the one I use the most . I think it works just fine with default settings but can't really tell if NOD is scanning the incoming mail .

Could smeone clarify this for me ?? Also : where can I configure exclusion-list for files and folders I don't want NOD32 to scan ??

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hurricanetracker

NOD scans any mail coming through port 110, which is pop3 mail. In the tray icon, look under Imon, setup. NOD will append a message on all mail coming into your computer if you desire.

Under Amon, setup you will find a tab to exclude files or directories from being scanned.

Blackspear's guide has many screenshots.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

3. Hurricanetracker

If I decide to buy it , is it possible to purchase in U.K . ?? They offer a 2-year license option which seems unavailable on the dutch reseller .

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

tsk, tsk... the netherlands has a national distributor, and Eset encourages all Dutch nationals to purchase through that distributor.

If 2 year is required - you could ask the dutch distributor to make them available, or I guess purchase online from someone who offers 2 years from their online store - [HINT]we do too...[/HINT].

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Open the control panel by double-clicking the NOD32 icon in the system tray...

Click on the AMON link in the left window, then click "Setup" - once the grey window appears, the last but one tab is "Exclusion" - you can add either temporary or permanent exclusions, and you can do file-types, directories and boot sectors.... include and exclude sub-folders.

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long

7. Hurricanetracker

Bought a two-year license yesterday , and promptly received my registration info . I let NOD32 scan my entire system immediately ( with updated signatures DB ) and it immediately located 6 trojans previously undetected by AVG or Norton . This one I'm going to like :)

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.