Opera browser compatible with Eset NOD antivirus?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tookerjeff, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if Eset NOD antivirus is fully compatible with the current Opera browser? I see their online scanner is now.

It seems to to be difficult to find very many AVs (and full security suite) programs that are, unlike IE, Firefox and Chrome, etc. or just some components of the AVs are compatible...

Anyway, I've been using the trial version of the antivirus and I must say WOW so far! :)

Thanks!

-tookerjeff

2. Mr_Grumpy

Mr_Grumpy Guest

Hello tookerjeff
    If Opera is fully compatibel whit Eset that I dont know for certain, but I have been using Opera ,version 11.11, as one of my favorite browsers for a year now and I have not come across any known problems. I have been running Opera under Eset 4 and the new version 5 RC smothely.

Best Regards and take Care :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  3. tookerjeff

mr. grumpy,

hey, thank you for the response! I'll definately give it a try. Have you gotten any types of malware and noticed if Eset responds at all while in Opera? As you know though, Opera is prolly one of the browsers most "under the radar" still as far as being exploited...

4. tookerjeff

It is also nice to see that Eset AV 4.2 has the web filter integrated, as most AVs do not and one has to purchase the full security suite to be more comprehensive. Looks like it will still be in v5 of the AV version too... :)

5. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

It should work, ESET scans with it's own network driver so it works with whatever browser you use. SSL scanning could sometimes require a supported browser though.

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It has always been integrated Afaik :) And yes it's both in NOD32 and ESS.
    Yes of course :thumb:

7. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

I am beta testing ESET5 and I use OPERA 11.11 and OPERA next 11.50 both are cool with ESET. No problems.
    KOR-

8. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

afaik, all components are truly integrated,
    in the case of the web filter, it is a part of EPFW

ESET products are not a burde conglomerate of various products in a same package as other vendors do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.