Opera and Vivaldi Founder Believes Google Should Be Regulated

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stapp, Sep 5, 2017.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

2. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

I wholeheartedly agree with him. Von Tetzchner is one guy you can trust to say it how it is.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

While he is complaining on Google and I fully agree with the reason he did it, in fact he needs it for his business. So it's a tricky. He unleashed the war but I'm not convinced about his success which I would so honestly wish him!! As long as Google has a monopoly, it doesn't change much, unfortunately. Time will tell ...

4. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

It shows how competition and variety is stifled when one player owns too much of the market. A similar thing happened to the news networks. Before they removed conflict of interest rules there was over 50 of them. Now there are 6, and I believe they are controlled by the same family connections. The same is happening to the internet.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes I agree, from what I've read Google really treated Vivaldi unfairly, and I'm also glad they got fined by the EU. And Chrome is complete crap, way too heavy and it's missing certain features. I also hate what they have done to the Google search engine, it has become bloated, so that's why I'm using the non-JS version, but then Google Maps won't work. Long story short, I'm not a fan of Google anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.