Opera acquires Fastmail.FM

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tarnak, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have a Fastmail account.

"We are pleased to inform you that Opera Software ASA (“Opera Software”) (through its wholly owned Australian subsidiary, Opera Software Australia Pty Limited ("Opera")) acquired the FastMail.FM business from the Fastmail Partnership (ABN 92 500 291 991) and Messaging Engine Pty Ltd. (ACN 92 500 291 991) (“FastMail”) on 30 April 2010."

Above quoted from an email I have received announcing the acquistion of Fastmail.FM by Opera.

2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Interesting.
    Fastmail forum is buzzing with mixed reviews and understandably some apprehension.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

4. tesk

tesk Registered Member

This is a great news for all us Opera users.

Personially, I have been Opera user for a few years now and I cannot change to another browser, because it simply just makes you addicted to all its hotkeys.

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I was doing reserch on a problem with thunderbird and stumbled on IMAP VS pop email protocalls. I looked at the website of my present webmail provider they only support .pop. I started looking at my list of links mail providers. I looked at fastmail first they support IMAP then I saw the news
    about Opera being acquired by Fastmail, my email address might change I havent decided yet.

{edit} I seem to recall that Opera had a web email service Opera.com awhile ago.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  6. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Been addicted since version 2x when it was paid and still addicted now, be it Windows or Linux. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.