opera 7.23 freeze up problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bigc73542, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have been useing opera 7.23 since it has been available and besides a little java problem it has worked very well untill three days ago. It started loosing settings and I would have to go through them and reset. Then yesterday it started to freeze up opening allmost all links and quite a few web sites. Well I tried every setting I could find cleared the cache and history. It didn't help a thing. I finally in desperation I redownloaded opera 7.23 without java over the top of my current installition. Well what ever was wrong installing over the top of opera with the same version fixed everything that was wrong with it. The purpose of this post is just for information in case anyone else is having this problem.

surf safe :D

2. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi ;) Hope you're doing fine...

The only two ways I can get Opera 7.23 to crash are 1/ to use it with Java activated for some time, until the cpu starts to overload. Might be because I'm on an old machine with not as much resource as many of the new computers. No problem at all without Java.

And 2/, when closing all windows, I press ctrl-F5 ('reload all) and Opera simply shuts down (bug already known, see opera forums for more info).

BTW, trying Opera 7.50 Beta right now, and I like it a lot. Quite a few new features available. More info and dwnld at http://my.opera.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=dcc78a8bc838a3f6e12f59eac25a1695&forumid=31

One feature I like very much is the ability to drag-and-drop any 'quick preference' item onto any toolbar... This way, for example activating JavaScript and/or cookies can be done/undone in a single click.

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

Attached Files:

• 7251.gif
      7251.gif
      File size:
      23.7 KB
      Views:
  3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I appreciate the info. I was just about to get 7.50 and give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.