Opera 12.14 strange google display

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by act8192, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Ever since version 12.14 of Opera, on few sites I get their menus displayed incorrectly.
    Google search page, for example, puts the words on the left, vertically into a narrow column, like this.
    GoogleDisplay.jpg
    The strange thing is that a button "Fit to Width" repairs the display, the usual google black bar with words gets filled.

This makes no sense to me. Might there be a more relevant way than Fit to Width to get the display correctly right away?

I'm on XP-SP3.

2. act8192

Bump :)
    I hate doing bump, but I believe there are Opera users here who might be seeing a similar silly looking display.

3. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

5. act8192

I finally figured it out.
    Google didn't like user agent. I had to change it to pretend it's Internet Explorer instead of the normal Opera I've been using for years.
    Google also used iframes, but that they will not get from me.
    I can't really read source, but a bunch of script statements are of the sort 'if it's Chrome - display...' otherwise display blank. At least that's what I think I see. But that doesn't really match the fact that Seamonky was ok. So I don't really know what's going on and it probably doesn't matter at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.