openSUSE 10.3 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i always thought debian testing was for the desktop and stable was more for servers. i have tried it very briefly, but never as my mian desktop. i might really like it, it has a slow release cycle and great repos.

2. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

You would probably enjoy a rolling release better, like Gentoo, debian, freeBSD. You basically 'subscribe' to updates of a stable or testing nature and your system will be continuously updated.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

True. In Debian, stable is updated for security patches only (by the Debian security team). Testing is more up to date, and unstable the most up to date (but.. unstable :D , could go right, could go wrong).

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i installed etch in a VM to try it out, i'm sure testing is very stable though and most distros that use debian use testing. i'll see how it goes.

one thing about suse/novell is they make just about everything included in the distro, they contribute loads to OOo, have some of the top kernel devs as well as top gnome devs, including the people who started gnome, they started and develop mono and the email program evolution, and probably a lot more too.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, I personally think SuSE 10.3 is one of the best...

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I second that opinion. This one is very outstanding (improved) and exciting. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.