Open $ISR Snapshot Folder

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by dickcu, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dickcu

dickcu Registered Member

I'm using the original FirstDefense ISR from Raxco, version 3.21.205 which has served me well for several years. A few months ago I built a new computer, totally different CPUs, from AMD to Intel. I have one of my old archived snapshots that I would like to enter. I copied the archive to a regular snapshot but because of the different operating systems it won't boot on the new Intel computer. Does anyone know of a way to enter the snapshot in the $IRS folder on the C-drive. There are a couple of files in that snapshot I really need. Secondly, is there a way to identify which snapshot is attributed to the numbered folders. I have 0-7 in $ISR Folder. I know I can delete the snapshot, check the numbers and then recopy it to find the number but I'm looking for a simpler way with perhaps a FirstDefense ISR tool.
    Thanks all for any help!
    Dick

2. dickcu

dickcu Registered Member

I have figured out how to identify which snapshot with which numbered folder. Now I just need to know if there's a way to enter the snapshot folder.
    Again thanks for any help!

3. Coff

Coff Registered Member

4. subset

subset Registered Member

Malware Defender is also able to grab files from the snapshots.

Cheers

5. dickcu

dickcu Registered Member

Thanks to you both for your help. Actually I was able to stop FirstDefense ISR Services with a run command which allowed me access to copy the snapshot contents to another drive.
    Thanks again,
    Dick

6. dickcu

dickcu Registered Member

I should have mentioned that the free version of XYplorer v5.55 also did work.

7. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Everything search engine thread

8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I can't open .arc files with version 5.55,its not supported as you can see in tab preview formats in configuration screen.

9. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

Hi,

Arc files is just a file. To add a archive the file must be imported, in to FD-ISR.
    You can also boot the archive by copying it to the C drive. Go in to options and set the folder, where your archive is located.

Daniel

10. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Hmm..... I know that but i thought that it is possible to open the archive on my external drive with xyplorer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.