Ooops! Backdoor CyberSpy 13

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by root, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. root

root Registered Member

Found a little surprise on my computer tonight while doing some housecleaning. Backdoor.Cyberspy.13.
    I found the program on the net and saw that it makes a couple of registry entries, and I don't have them. None of my AVs could cure it, so I moved the zip to my library and deleted the exe. Don't have a clue how it got unzipped. I don't drink. :eek:
    Anybody know of anything else I should look for? o_O

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Some general information I found on it:

Backdoor.CyberSpy.13(b)

Backdoor.CyberSpy.13(a)

The only difference I can find in this "a" version is the following (rather scary) information:
    Also, the trojan is made in Visual Basic...

I will not post the links to the information that I found because the site also (unfortunately) distributes the trojan :rolleyes:.

Hope this helps.

-Javacool

3. root

root Registered Member

Thanks javacool. Dosen't look like I suffered any harm from this turkey. What is bugging me is how it got there and got unzipped. It seems like the only explanation is that I downloaded it and unzipped myself, and then forgot, but......... when I download those critters for my library, I never unzip them. o_O o_O
    Well, nothing you can do about that, unless you are a brain surgeon in your spare time. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.