Onscreen warning when preconfigured

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mister Natural, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I have 2.7 preconfigured on users computers to automatically take actions such as terminate connection in IMON when a threat is detected. Recently I had a user repeatedly trying to access a web site that was infected with malware. The problem was they were not receiving any onscreen dialogue that a malicious threat had been detected because I already had it setup to terminate the connection. Is there a way that an on screen prompt can briefly display on the users screen informing them of a threat without giving them the choice of an action to take? Basically something to let them know they need to stop what they are doing.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is possible , however the browser must be set on Higher efficency level.

What I write you can be done with the Configuration editor , too .

Open IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab and ...
    blablabla.gif

You should fine the browser's name and description , click on it so that it becomes in green . Then , you can also adjust these settings so that the connection is faster

untitled.PNG

Finally , your users will see a window like this:
    [​IMG]

Pictures taken from Blackspear's tutorial and from Wilders' threads

3. Mister Natural

Thanks for the response Hi Tech boy.

I went to 3 or 4 machines in the office and checked the client compatibility setting on each machine. Every one of the applications listed in the field on all computers were already set to "higher efficiency", including iexplore (Internet Explorer).

I'm not sure if that means I don't need to create any custom entries with the configuration editor. I opened the configuration editor and opened the NOD32.xml file I am using to distribute to our clients. I went to the "Higher efficiency application list" and there is nothing entered there currently. I am not clear on the proper syntax to use in that field (if I even need to since all apps appear to be in higher efficiency mode already).

The configuration editor gives an example entry as
    "Useragent1\Program1|Useragent2\Program2". I don't understand that example.

Perhaps I don't need to make changes in the configuration file since programs are already listed in higher efficiency mode?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If all your clients (user's machines) are already set to HE , then no need to change .

In the Configuration editori , you need to list only application you wish to be on HE , here is what you must input for Internet Explorer
    Mozilla/4.0\iexplorer.exe|

I am not sure if quotes are need , though.

5. Mister Natural

Thanks again for your input. :)

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.