Only Nod32 found a keyloger...strange.

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by inc, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inc

inc Registered Member

Okay then, I have 3 anti Spy ware systems (Spyweeper 3.0, Spybot, Adaware) and they all were updated to newest version. I scanned my computer 2 times with each program, but they didn't found nothing. Okay then. I downloaded Nod32 Trial version, installed and scanned, Nod32 found a keyloger and then I was like :eek: .

Isn't Nod32 For serious viruses, not for spyware? And Spyweeper 3.0, Spybot, Adaware Speciali for Spyware and keylogers?

Why did only Nod32 found it, and Spysweeper etc. didn't? wast this keyloger activated or something that?

Thanks for answering! :)

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello there, and welcome.
    More av and at scanners are including spyware, adware detection, keyloggers, dialers, etc.
    If you located the exact file, you might like to surf to www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html and upload the file online to have in a few seconds an opinion.

Since you like trialing software, you might like to get a trial version of TDS as well, www.diamondcs.com.au and after updating and reboot have another scan. For the update from the site let us know the total of references you get, today should give you 35749 references. If you got anything else please let us know before scanning, so we can help you with that.

At the time of installing and scanning close other scanners and their resident protection temporary.
    NOD32 and TDS run very fine side by side, btw.

Lookign forward to your next experience.

oh, you could also send in the file, zipped if possible, to submit@diamondcs.com.au for the second opinion and to NOD32 itself too, for another opinion and in case of a false positive they can refine their database.

3. inc

inc Registered Member

Hello.

I deleted that keyloger, because I were little bit in panic about that. I even don't remember that Trojans name... ;)

It was strange to me because my firiend sayd that Nod32 isn't for spyware and it don't find any infected files with spyware.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Pity, we would be glad to assist you determining if it is a false positive or a real one. Never panic, first come to ask, there are so many people here to help you out!
    The borders betwen worms, trojans, keyloggers, downloaders, adware, spyware etc etc are getting vaguer by the day, which means the trojan versions of those are added to TDS detection, while we say for adware and spyware cleansing you should have those specific tools......
    NOD covers lot of in the wild malware which are not exactly viruses, so who not a simple keylogger? :)
    But yuou didn't disable system restore -- reboot -- enable system restore again -- create manually a new system restore point tobe really clean of all that.
    These days one can hardly scan enough with all kinds of tools, the one after the other, never two at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.