only beta from official site?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by chris2busy, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

hello..i'd like to test the free version of appdefend but lol only beta setup installer is able to be downloaded from the site..is there any official link to a stable version?i mean,i do not buy before i try and it would be a shame to get the wrong idea about it by installing a beta version.thanks :)

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Yes, Appdefend (Ghost Security Suite) has been in beta for....well for a long time.
    It is good, but may conflict with others as I experanced.
    Be aware that it is nagware with the trial version, maybe a bit more then others.
    I'm waiting for a final,stable version myself before I check it out again.

3. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

erhm...

i thought the limited version was free...

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

From what I remember, it will start off as a full version with the nagging (like my wife) :D then change to the free version after the trial is up. I never made it the whole way through the trial thou, was not stable enough for me. But maybe thats improved now.

As posted in another thread of yours is a fix o_O (never tried it myself) to turn off the nag and go strite to the free version.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1133326&postcount=22

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

The beta version from the website continues to run as a full version even after the trial period expires. It just nags you to buy once after every reboot. Also the appdefend install contains regdefend as well, you'll have to disable this if you don't want it.

6. jimg

jimg Registered Member

And even after you pay for appdefend and disable regdefend, it still nags every boot.

7. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Right! And this is an impertinence! :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.