Only 54%...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dorgane, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dorgane

dorgane Guest

Hi,

Av-comparatives at November 2008 :
    http://av-comparatives.org

Eset make 54% for 1 week and 51% for 4 weeks...is very little...ok ok make little flase dispositif but less 55%....:(

Note: Link to AV-Comparatives only, not the result tables.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
  2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Yet NOD32 was the only one to win Advanced+ :)

3. dorgane

dorgane Guest

advanced+ because litlle false dispositif...but 50% :doubt:

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Anti virus removing a file as FP is just as critical as detecting a new threat.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Here is my take on these test,I take with grain in salt.,Because its not in my real word.Example about 3 weeks ago I was in search for some older music and I use limewire.In my search I found only one file shared copy of the song it just happened nod32 picked up a trojan and quarantined a positive.last night again while downloading mutilple songs from different artists another trojan detected.among sending samples to eset I uploaded to VT just about all detected.So I am going to play it safe and assume its a positive. I have been running the paid nodV3 for a couple of months with No warnings other then mentioned above.So to me that means No false positives,there is No infection on my Machine that to me is 100 percent detection and Zero False positives.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also take into account that the on-demand scanner uses less sensitive heuristics than the web/email scanners. It doesn't mean that you're not protected against none of the missed threats, it just means the on-demand scanner didn't detect them. Likewise scanners with HIPS might block such files on execution even though the on-demand scanners don't detect the malware.

7. webbit

webbit Registered Member

you could put 20 different anti viruses on your machine and they would all find something different

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.