Online sweepstakes?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by notageek, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I hope this is the right place. :)

OK My Mother in law is looking into online sweepstakes. I'm thinking that they are a waste of time and might contain privacy concerns. I told her to read all of the web pages even the Privacy Policies just to make sure. What I want to know is there anyone online sweepstakes that are good so I can steer her in the right direction? I don't know anything about these types of things.

2. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

NO!....NO!......NO!NO!NO!........Oh! and whilst we are on the subject....NO!

Cochise, :cool:

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

While it's not a "standard" sweepstakes, she could take a look at FreeSlots. There's a wide variety of free slot machines, and the site seems clean enough by our standards here.

With every 100 credits you accumulate, you can "buy" an entry for their month-end drawing, with not-bad cash prizes. And it's neatly set up so that no one can submit more than 10 entries per day (that's controlled by their software), so that no one can unfairly flood the place with entries.

My only gripe is that I can't find anything resembling a "contact us" for use in the event of problems, technical or otherwise. But you can always try the standard "postmaster-at" email approach if necessary.

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Or you could help poor old Miriam Abaka from Nigeria to transfer 100,000,000 Dollars American into your Account just to help her keep her poor deceased Husbands money from falling into the hands of the Nigerian Government.....I don't think........ :D :D :D :D

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Humour in the highest degree Ron......why people assume they are gonna get rich by buying into a 'Pig in a Poke' I will never understand.....but then again, what do I know.......... :D

7. notageek

Thanks, she don't want to get rich just wants to see if she's lucky. But it's my mother in law and I have to humor her because if I tell her there is no plce and she finds a place and wins well I'll never hear the end of it.

8. notageek

LOL Ron

Oh yeah I told her not to send out any money to anyone. I hope she listens to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.