Online Screensavers - never remembers setting

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by CBiggerstaff, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBiggerstaff

CBiggerstaff Registered Member

I have a few screensavers that access the web: Online News Screensaver, WebCamSaver, and a few that look for updates. I tell Look'N'Stop to allow these screensavers access I even tell it to allow direct connection on some of them. I've even tried creating a rule to allow complete access for these screensavers and it always comes back and asking me for permissions when the screensaver runs which stops/prevents the screensaver from working. Interestingly the Preview of the screensaver works and if I go and browse to the screensavers in windows explorer and double click on the scr file it works. But when the screen saver kicks in on it's own after the specified interval Look'N'Stop will usually say application "?" unknown is trying to access the internet I say give permission and sometimes it asks several times for "?" and eventually it asks for the screensaver itself. I say yes to all of them and the next time the screensaver starts I get asked all over again even though it lists it in it's application list as having permissions.
    PLEASE HELP I really prefer this program to my previous firewall (Sygate) as it is more secure at least on a few tests, but if I can't use my screensavers I'll try another program.

2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

2 questions:

1.) How did you answer the question of LnS to allow the application called "?":
    "just this time", "just for this session" or "allowed"

2.) What is the name of the application "?". Can you see the path and the *.exe file in the application filtering window?

Thomas :)

3. CBiggerstaff

CBiggerstaff Registered Member

1)I answered Always allow
    2)It says application is unknown and it doesn't list an exe path or filename

4. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

That's good!

Hmm, that's bad :( Sorry CBiggerstaff, I have no idea how to help you. You could try sending an E-Mail to LnS support at http://www.looknstop.com/En/support2.htm

Thomas :)

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

It is possible .scr are not considered as executable by Look 'n' Stop.
    Did you try to add manually .scr to the list of alllowed application ?
    Would it be possible to try renaming the .scr into .exe to see if it makes a difference ?

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.