Online scanner error?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Drew99GT, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

When I go to the online scanner but do not start it, then close internet explorer, an error pops up about the instruction at bla bla bla referenced memory at bla bla bla and couldn't be read? Anyone else have that issue?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

nope. i just installed the online scanner and exited IE. i got no errors.

if u have XP SP2, go to IE > Tools menu > Manage Add-ons... maybe theres an update for the ewido activex.

3. Drew99GT

Hmm. The exact error message is: The instruction at "0x052540eb" referenced memory at "0x052540eb". The memory could not be "read".

It only does it if I go the the online scanner page but do not start the scanner, then close internet explorer. If I go to another webpage after I visit the scanner page and then close explorer, no error. Anyone know what could be the issue?

:edit: Found the issue, it's my homepage website, which is having issues currently. That's weird that a buggy homepage would do that!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  4. Drew99GT

ok, never mind..........still doing it :mad: god I hate windows :mad:

5. Drew99GT

alrighty..............it's Mcafee Siteadvisor! That's what's doing it. Siteadvisor is a great idea, but man is it a worthless p.o.s. of a program. It slows browsing to a crawl in explorer.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well at least u found teh culprit :thumb:

7. olamoree

olamoree Registered Member

Ok, online scan requires ActiveX.... so I open never-used-but-updated IE6 and scan... after the scan I have 185 issues, and I click Perform Actions.... and IE crashes and wants me to write to M$... declined. Repeatedly, the same problem. Moving on to Firefox, I DL and install the mini-ewido, scan, see the same 185 issues and click on Perform Actions.... after a couple of dialogs about Quarantining the whole file, which I accept because the Trojan was "embedded" and could not be removed, I then notice that at least 100 of the detected tracking cookies, etc. stated, "Error while removing", so after Rescans, I still have 100 issues that ewido doesn't seem able to remove/quarantine or what... am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks, gang....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.