Online Gaming - Recommendation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hangetsu, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

Hello again!

For other NOD32 users that play online games -- Do you add the application to the exclusion list, or do you let NOD32 scan web traffic for it?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Hangetsu

Thank you!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem :thumb:

5. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

The only time you'll have a problem is if you get a definition update whilst gaming. This will lag you out for a short while.
    Two options, either accept that or turn updates off while you game online.

6. TaInTeD_SnIpEr

TaInTeD_SnIpEr Registered Member

I haven't had any problems so far with NOD32 being on while in a game, even when it is updating.

7. Hangetsu

I'm not involved in super competitive online gaming, so an occasional update won't kill anyone ;)

8. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

Except yourself :D

9. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I noticed this in the past but totally forgot about that. I expected it would be fixed no.

10. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    It's the first antivirus program I've used that I haven't felt the need to shut it off while gaming. Prior AV programs, I'd disable while I was playing some heavier online games, such as some of the Battlefield series.

Updates with NOD32 are relatively small, you shouldn't experience a slowdown even while online gaming..unless you're on a very slow connection like 1/2 a meg or less, or dial up or something like that.

11. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

as YeOlde said - I rarely think about turning off nod32 - I did today while patching a new installation of BF2142, because the installer is a 360Gb or so installer - MASSIVE amounts of archives to install. During gaming I just turn to whatever game I want without thinking of turning off NOD32 - I run the BF series and eve-online - my machine is running an E6600 (going to upgrate to an E6850 this month) w/2Gb of RAM and dual overclocked 8800GTS cards in SLI bridged mode, my sound is x-fi - and I have never thought that my machine was running slower because of nod32! ;)

12. Hangetsu

Ouch, good point. :D

13. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I never turn it off if I wanna play a game, be it online or offline. I only turn it off if I'm working with sfx archives as it's painfully slow having NOD32 enabled. That's about it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.