Online games (C&C 3) with KIS7 installed

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by fce, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

Everytime i play game online i always change my firewall setting from Training mode to Low Security.

Also i change my command and conquerer3 setting from High to medium just to increase or improve the speed. Resolution is 1024x768.

I'm thinking of disabling my KIS7 firewall when i'm playing games online since i'm using router firewall. Also I'm thinking of changing Web AV security level from Max Protection to High Speed

Not sure if I'll be expose to virus/spyware/rootkit/hackers/etc if i do this thing everytime i play games online.

Any suggestion?

Thank in advance.

PS.
    Laptop specs: Asus G1s, 3GB, Ge Force 8600M GT
    Internet Speed test result (download 28,891kbps / Upload: 241kbps )

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Disabling the firewall might help out a bit with latency if its a concern, just be wary if any other computers are on the same network. Changing the web scanner wouldn't do anything imo as it wouldn't scan the ports used for gaming unless you've specifically set it to. Lowering the file scanner level might help improve loading times although you seem to have some decent hardware specs so it wouldn't be noticeable.

What i do is i use a multiboot environment. I have a setup specifically for gaming and setups specifically for other things. That way i don't have to worry about tweaking or changing anything, a simple reboot does it all for me.

3. fce

fce Registered Member

you're using RBRx for multiboot?

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah, multiboot might have been the wrong word to use. Basically i have different snapshots for doing different things. The one shown is my browsing snapshot, i use a much lighter setup for my gaming snapshot. I use first defense-isr on another system for the same purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.