Online Email Alternatives

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

About once a day I share some news links with some people that I know. The number of people is around 40. About one to two years ago I stopped using Yahoo Mail for sending out this daily Email because they started accusing me of Spam.

I then switched to using Gmail for sending out this daily Email. There were no problems until today. This morning when I sent the Email I got returned mail (from Gmail) saying something like ‘all of those Email recipients were permanently blocked’ and something about my Email being Spam. I split the Email recipients into two new lists and attempted to send the Email to 20 recipients. I was then bounced out of Gmail asking me to fill in some sort of Captcha thing showing that I am not a robot to allow me back in. I got back into Gmail and decided to give up for now so I logged out of Gmail. I noticed that about 50 minutes later my Smartphone Sync to Gmail was broken.

What are some good alternatives to Gmail & Yahoo mail for sending Emails to around 40 recipients without being accused of Spamming? I have an existing hotmail account that I could give a try.

Thanks in Advance.

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

maybe an option would be to create small groups, maybe 10 people per group and see how it works.

3. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

aol.com?

They too are free.

Yet you might be met with similar blow-back by any provider...

Would you be interested in getting your own domain (e.g. TheKid7.com) and becoming your own service provider via the appropriate freeware within a Linux distribution of your choice?

HTH :)

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    What's the cheapest, easiest and safest way to become my own service provider? And do I need a dedicated or always on connection for this or wherever there's Wifi? Thanks.

5. TheKid7

I put myself on the waiting list for ProtonMail. Since ProtonMail seems to be popular and it is new (Beta), it could be quite a wait.

6. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

If your email server was not continuously available, wouldn't your inbound email eventually timeout & get rejected back to the originator?

7. TheKid7

Another possible Email alternative is Unseen:
    https://unseen.is/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.