Online banking disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by karenstewart, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karenstewart

karenstewart Registered Member

Can SpywareBlaster have disabled my online banking? I've just installed it today and now I can't get into my bank account. It's a standard logon page with name and password, and absolutely nothing happens when I click on the logon button. Please help. Nothing else has changed

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I very much doubt it but the way to test it is disable all protection in SpywareBlaster then give it a try.

snowbound

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since nothing is happening when you click the logon button....would you mind posting the link to this bank. We could then have a better understanding on what maybe preventing this. Also without assuming wrongly....what browser are you using when this happens ?

4. karenstewart

karenstewart Registered Member

It's worse than I thought... and it seems to be Java or ActiveX related. Windows Update is only a blank page. Help and Support on Start is disabled. The Search (F3) window comes up with nothing in the blue left hand bar empty except for that *!@# puppy.

the bank link is https://www.commerceonlinebanking.com/

It's probably a little java app or ActiveX. I'm an Earthlink customer and use their excellent Spamblocker system which is dependent on manually allowing an ActiveX control each time you visit the page (yellow bar warning) and now I allow it and nothing happens...no redirect, and IE says Done in the lower left hand corner.

I did an scf /scannow I reinstalled my Sun Java. I'm running SP2 on AutoUpdate. All I had done that morning was install Spyware Blaster. I do use CounterSpy and had not disabled it. I did, after visiting your site disable SpywareBlaster through the four choices at the bottom of the first page. Haven't reopened it since. Hope this helps

5. RSASecurity

RSASecurity Registered Member

Karen do they use Two Factor Authentication ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.