Online Armous Antivirus +

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I see Online Armour mentioned here a lot. I checked the Online Armour site today to try to get a little familiar with the product.

How good is the Online Armour Antivirus+ ? How does it rank with some of the other top AVs out there? It's using KAV as it's AV, so it can't be too bad. $70 seems like a lot of money to me though. Just wondering if it's worth that amount of money. I can't find any reviews or tests for this product.

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Well, Online Armor is a HIPS plus the KAV AV engine.
    Check the features at their website. IMHO, it´s a powerful app (on paper)

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Heres a few recent discussions on the program, one by yours truly: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152341&highlight=online armor av
    and: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=144569&highlight=online armor av

I gave it a whirl and was impressed, the only thing that bothered me was the fact that it doesn't have a full time guard. Having a full time guard just seems better to me though the combo of the KAV engine with Online Armor and its HIPS probably is more than enough...:cool:

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Mongol........Thanks for the links. Yeah, I like the idea of having a RTM also. I think I'll stay with what I have for a while. I need a break from trying different software. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.