Online Armous Antivirus +

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I see Online Armour mentioned here a lot. I checked the Online Armour site today to try to get a little familiar with the product.

How good is the Online Armour Antivirus+ ? How does it rank with some of the other top AVs out there? It's using KAV as it's AV, so it can't be too bad. $70 seems like a lot of money to me though. Just wondering if it's worth that amount of money. I can't find any reviews or tests for this product.

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Well, Online Armor is a HIPS plus the KAV AV engine.
    Check the features at their website. IMHO, it´s a powerful app (on paper)

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Heres a few recent discussions on the program, one by yours truly: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152341&highlight=online armor av
    and: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=144569&highlight=online armor av

I gave it a whirl and was impressed, the only thing that bothered me was the fact that it doesn't have a full time guard. Having a full time guard just seems better to me though the combo of the KAV engine with Online Armor and its HIPS probably is more than enough...:cool:

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Mongol........Thanks for the links. Yeah, I like the idea of having a RTM also. I think I'll stay with what I have for a while. I need a break from trying different software. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.