online armor ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LoneWolf, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

can someone tell me if online armor can benifit my security set-up & is on line armor compatibale with my other security software with consists of ZASS,EWIDO,SPYSWEEPER&WINPATROL ? winpatrol is free verson rest is paid. any suggestions would be welcomed.thanks.

2. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

From what I hear it's a great product with great support. I personnally use Winpatrol and the beta version of Cyberhawk. Sometimes software needs to be tried to see what works best for the individual. Always backup your data in case software don't play nice together. Hope this helps.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I think the best for you is to try OA. It runs with most any app installed and you`ll be suprised at what apps you can get rid of once you start using OA. I`ve been using it since it came out and never had any conflicts with other software.

4. b00sfuk

b00sfuk Registered Member

I agree, I had a whole portfolio when I started using OA but now I only use an AV and firewall with it. In the next few months OA will also have its own firewall and an optional integrated AV (kapersky I think).
    The support is second to none.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

OA is a Host-based Intrusion Protection System (HIPS) par excellence.

As to WinPat -- WinPat Plus is MUCH better than nothing but >>>OA is to WinPat as a Rottweiller is to a Chihuahua.:)

OA shouldn't conflict with any program, including those you listed. However, the advice given above is grrrreat -- give OA a trial.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ROFL. I love the analogy.

Pete

7. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am certainly not an expert but I feel that OA is a top notch program with top notch support. It is one of the few programs that I am totally satisfied with.

8. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

May I ditto that o_O:D

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

ROFL... I agree with Peter on analogy

... I also love OA. ;)
    TAS

10. SPEEDY6128

SPEEDY6128 Registered Member

Thought I'd jump in. I currently use Online Armour, think its great. I have a question though. I've just tried out CyberHawks free app, and also think thats great as well. From what I've read up on HIPS, they say having two HIPS together shouldnt be a problem and it wont degrade your security, not like having two firewalls or antiviruses where that would degrade your security. Anyone else here use two hips together ?

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes indeed. I am currently using, and like all of them, Online Armor, Ghost Security Suite, Safe'n'Sec and KAV 6.0 beta's which have a proactive defense module.

They both overlap, complement each other, and all play well together.

Pete

PS don't ask which one I like best. I feel they are all great.

12. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

I think Pete uses all of them ;) (Sorry Pete, I couldn't resist!)

Personally (unless you're doing this for beta testing purposes) I would not run two at a time unless one provided facilities that the other did not.

That's because of the potential for a slowdown, possible incompatibilities and annoyance of multiple popups.

Cheers

Mike

PS - Woof Woof! Love the analogy.

13. SPEEDY6128

SPEEDY6128 Registered Member

Those points you mention Mike are bang on as I always consider them before settling down on my decision on what to have or not. Its always about striking a balance with me. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.