Online Armor startup delay

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mvdu, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I have used Online Armor paid, and there is a 45 second delay before Windows starts. I tried trusting startup programs like they said to do at the OA forums, but that didn't help. The problem occurs no matter what security software is on. Anyone have luck fixing this delay? I used the newest versions and the new beta - same thing happens.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ive always had this with OA in any version ive used of it, thats why i dont even bother trying it out anymore, it just ends up being the same probs...

3. Creer

Creer Registered Member

I have the same but it is not a big problem for me, very often i using S3 mode (suspend to RAM) - there is no delay.
    When i restart or turn on my computer then delay after login screen is about ~20sec. But as i said, it is not a problem for me, OA is a great FW.

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Solution to any I/O related delays: buy a OCZ vertex Solid State Disk (30 GB will dor for XP);

Try stopping the Terminal Services of Windows (causes lsass.exe and svchost.exe to access disk all the time), Disabling Java Quick Starter also reduces IO very much (normally this I/O should be made from cache, on some machines it actually performs disk I/O's)

Run Bootvis to optimise your startup sequence

Stop services which you do not need (does not make you PC faster, but reduces load time and memory usage)

Clear the Prefetch directory (or use CC cleaner's extra options)

Defrag your disk

At our home PC (E5200 dual core on 3,06Ghz, harddisk with avg read of 58 MB/s SATA II), it takes 25 seconds to boot with a fully optimised boot process, so your 45 secs is not so bad. When you use RAID the ROM will take a lot longer before handling over the control to the boot strap loader, and you 45 secs would be fast!

Don't worry, be happy

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  5. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Unfortunately, none of those help with the OA delay. And Bootvis is for XP, I believe. Thanks, though - I will save this as general info.

6. neksus

neksus Registered Member

Yes, SSD & optimizations are helpful, but OA still gonna introduce boot delay effect..

I guess that optimized configuration would boot in 5 secs tops without it:)

7. Murderlove

Murderlove Registered Member

I personally did not have the startup delay with version 2. Version 3 caused the delay with both startup and Sandboxie. It takes ages to start a sandboxed webbrowser. Disabling the HIPS function would start a sandboxed webbrowser at a 'normal' speed.

I read somewhere that it was not a good idea to delete the Prefetch directory because doing so would cause a delay or something like that? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.