Online Armor - Public Beta

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by subset, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Yes, basically this release is about get Vista working and sort out the bugbears that have annoyed the users (whitelist for example).

There are still some more significant changes to do; but these will come in a 3.x series release.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Besides the Fact,It is says trust everything on this machine if your certain this machine is Clean.Case Dismissed court a journed. comodo faces:mad:

3. ahriman

ahriman Registered Member

Will the Beta work on 64-bit Vista?

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Sorry ahriman, but Online Armor currently runs only on 32-bit systems.

dja2k

5. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Though I never use IE (I use FF as default browser and Opera on demand) I can confirm this. There is some visible delay. I took a look in the log and found there a real lot of similar records like:

[09:09:38.344] 578 ---- --- Process: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssvagent.exe
    [09:09:38.344] 578 ---- --- Action: rafValueCreate
    [09:09:38.344] 578 ---- --- KeyName: \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-345680812-4048224180-1544675526-1000_CLASSES\CLSID\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBB}\InprocServer32
    [09:09:38.344] 578 ---- --- ValName: ThreadingModel
    [09:09:38.344] 578 ---- --- NewVal: Apartment

which follow IE start. I also do not think this is a bug, but I think they can optimize it somehow. I'll submit bugreport.

6. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Consider it submitted, and probably fixed for next build.

7. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

im trying OA On a vista 32 pc everything is working nice, the only thinkg that i found anoying is that every 2 min i got a pop-up saying outgoing udp port 138 allow or something like, is there a way to stop this message

thanks

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Mata7

If you trust the program generating the pop up, the click on it and set it trusted. Also the options page you can then untick notify me about trusted programs. Pop up's should then go away.

Pete

9. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

I have also noticed that FW now performs much better for perftcp and perfudp. On my Vista perftcp is ~95% and perfudp is ~98%

10. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

How did you measured that?

11. Dark Shadow

Thank you Alex for the confirmation and Mike for listening In.:thumb:

12. Dark Shadow

Hi Mata are you talking about the little white Ballon popup just above OA System try In task .I am getting that to and not figured out away to stop yet.Never mind just seen peters reply that seemed to do the trick.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  13. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

14. Joan Archer

Joan Archer Registered Member

I'm going to wait a bit longer before installing on my new Vista, I've only been using it a couple of weeks and I'm not one to try out beta software on my working machine.
    Even though I know OA to be a brilliant firewall, I had it on my XP machine, and I still have at least about 18 months left on my licence I'm very wary of trying it out so soon which is why I'll just wait and watch :doubt:

15. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

A good way to make more money ;)

Ahh this is ridiculous :D

16. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Lol and watch Comodo lose loads of cash in Attorney fee's. as the judge tells them to grow up and get over it. :rolleyes:

Go cry to Steve Jobs. as Bill Gates stole UI from him for Windows. yet still managed to do more with it and make more money then anyone in history. even tho in some ways its a crappy product when compared mac. :cool:

As for the new OA I'm tempted try it out. see if it works better on this computer then the last version I had. :)

17. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

In the midst of someone suing someone else, hypothetically only, and only in the imagination of those who have nothing to do with it, and so on, i'm having a hard time reading what i actually want to read, which is about OA.

How is the firewall doing, is it stateful, does OA's program guard now detect macros, etc.

18. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thanks peter problem fix

19. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

ya that was the one i fix it, thanks for you help

20. Dark Shadow

No, thank you and peter. you mentioned it peter solved.:thumb:

21. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Glad you got it worked out.

Pete

22. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

[offtopic]The good thing about the Mac is that it was built around Unix, which has been around before Windows. They've got a solid foundation already when they started. However, poor management (remember Steve being fired?) put Apple in a really bad position, causing Microsoft to get ahead.

By the way, John D. Rockefeller is the richest man in history. He had over $100 billion, compared to Bill Gates' $50-60 billion.[/offtopic]

I'm currently testing Online-Armor, and it seems to be working well. Light on system resources.

23. Dark Shadow

Yes Day 2 Still running great here. No browsing lags for me and light.I Hate to speak to soon but I have a good feeling about it,knocking on wood.

24. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I always got problems using p2p applications with Online Armor. After the second restart they were blocked totally or partially.
    Is this being fixed now ?

25. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Quote From Wiki.
    Gates was number one on the "Forbes 400" list from 1993 through to 2007 and number one on Forbes list of "The World's Richest People" from 1995 to 2007. In 1999, Gates's wealth briefly surpassed $101 billion, causing the media to call him a "centibillionaire"

On the topic of Online Armor Im having some problems with Utorrent. it keeps trying to block it even tho I have created a rule and added it to Exclusions.. any idea ?

also its eating up 4/5% cpu on a normal base's and climes to 30% when I enter a game any input would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.