Online Armor new public beta

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MikeNash, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I apologize for my part in it Peter2150, it was not my intention to go on, but I did want to make my feelings known. I of course realize this wasn't the place for it, so I will simply add that I recently tried OA Free beta 69 and it ran without a hitch. This makes me think that the final release will be nothing short of spectacular and another good reason to use either version of Online Armor.

2. ejderpencesi

ejderpencesi Registered Member

ll there be XP 64bit support or we ll wait for later versions?

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

New Online Armor Build Available!

There is a new beta build of Online Armor available today. It is version 81 and you can get the download links in the Online Armor forum. Enjoy!

*Remember this is still a beta build and should improve some bugs from prior beta release.

dja2k

4. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had a chance to install the logging version. Gonna see how this version does when I game and keep an eye on my WOW latency. I will get back to ya.

5. Yoda1953

Yoda1953 Registered Member

Wrote this at the OA free forum:

Somehow

- Avira free

- Sandboxie 3.22

- Online Armor free 81 beta HIPS activated

- Threatfire 3014

cannot coexist, I mean Sandboxie won't initialize with OA HIPS activated

When I deactivate HIPS of OA everything runs OK

And yes I set everything of sandboxie as trusted in the configuration Programs

I hope I'm clear.

Running XP SP2

Does anybody know this issue? Thanks

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Yoda

See my response to you in the OA forums. Posting the same question on multiple forums, is generally not a good idea, as it wastes peoples time. Post it at the most appropriate place and then await a response.

Pete

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The latest beta non-free is running straight & clean for me. Soooo many great new features! I will special mention just two examples (but ALL the new features & fixes are very handy & muchly appreciated). Here are my 2 examples...

1) The "run safer" feature is simply superb -- a lot easier to use than "Drop My Rights."

2) The new feature: "Allow blocking of trusted programs" finally lets me get Windows auto update & other such ap-cray under control.

All in all, I have no complaints -- only compliments. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

The run safer option is alot easier then using Sandboxie. 90% of pop ups have been eliminated also due to the fact that OA scans your drives and start menu for known programs. Took 10 min or so to scan everything but the whilelist on OA's part has increased 2 fold.

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

How perfect does Mike have to make it before he releases the final version. He has been saying any day now since December. I don't care how perfect it is, someone will have a problem with some feature. LOL :)

10. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Don't put him in a hurry :) You can always run the latest beta. I don't think there is anyone more willing to put out the final than Mike, since he is making a living out of it.

I still have a stability problem.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9548/16735642um7.png

Event 1002, is "the shell stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted".

Let him fix this and after you can ask the final version. :D

11. Yoda1953

Yoda1953 Registered Member

Ok will do. Sorry :oops:

12. phillip559

phillip559 Registered Member

Hey Mike

So has this new version of OA solved the bandwidth issues of the previous version?

I remember you said the slow net speed issue would be solved in the new version and beta version.

Just wondering.

13. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I am not Mike, but if your slow speed, refers to 2.0.1.31 (the last stable version), then i could say that yes, the problem is solved many betas ago.

14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That being the case, I have taken all related posts concerning the leaktest discussion and placed them in a thread of their own since they are un-related to this threads topic....."Online Armor new public beta"

New leak test thread---> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=200768

Bubba

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.