Online Armor License

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JerryM, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I may be blind, but I do not see if the license for the paid versions on OA are annual or lifetime. What are they?

I have OA Free on one computer and PC Tools Firewall Plus on the other.
    In Matousec's tests PC Tools took a nosedive in the last test. I am not sure why that happened, but my question is, with all the criticism of Matousec's tests am I safer with OA than PCT?
    I am behind a NAT router.

I am trending toward separate applications rather than a suite. My signature reflects my current security programs.

Thanks for any help.
    Regards,
    Jerry

2. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

OA is annual.

As far as the Matousec tests.. :rolleyes:

3. Seeing as OA has executable control and PCTools does not, I would say you're a lot safer with OA.

(Though as far as free stuff goes, Outpost Free and Privatefirewall also have executable control and both support 64-bit. And FWIW, if you actually use the executable control function of a HIPS and don't run untrusted software, a realtime Avast is just extra overhead.)

4. ace55

ace55 Registered Member

PC Tools is, imo, simply a firewall designed to pass Matuosec's tests. I have no doubt it will be updated to score better, but, as Jones points out, it lacks executable control. You would be served well by OA, Comodo or Outpost. I cannot vouch for Privatefirewall.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, All for the comments.
    Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.