Online Armor License

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JerryM, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I may be blind, but I do not see if the license for the paid versions on OA are annual or lifetime. What are they?

I have OA Free on one computer and PC Tools Firewall Plus on the other.
    In Matousec's tests PC Tools took a nosedive in the last test. I am not sure why that happened, but my question is, with all the criticism of Matousec's tests am I safer with OA than PCT?
    I am behind a NAT router.

I am trending toward separate applications rather than a suite. My signature reflects my current security programs.

Thanks for any help.
    Regards,
    Jerry

2. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

OA is annual.

As far as the Matousec tests.. :rolleyes:

3. Seeing as OA has executable control and PCTools does not, I would say you're a lot safer with OA.

(Though as far as free stuff goes, Outpost Free and Privatefirewall also have executable control and both support 64-bit. And FWIW, if you actually use the executable control function of a HIPS and don't run untrusted software, a realtime Avast is just extra overhead.)

4. ace55

ace55 Registered Member

PC Tools is, imo, simply a firewall designed to pass Matuosec's tests. I have no doubt it will be updated to score better, but, as Jones points out, it lacks executable control. You would be served well by OA, Comodo or Outpost. I cannot vouch for Privatefirewall.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, All for the comments.
    Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.