Online Armor Icon Turns Black in Taskbar

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Cutting_Edgetech, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Is anyone else having a problem with their Online Armor icon in the task bar turning black? I first noticed it right after Avira updated 2 new files. I can click the icon, and everything is functioning. I'm using OA version 4.0.0.45 on XP 32bit service pack 3. The icon stays black until i reboot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I am using OA premium and avira 9 free. I am having no problem with my OA taskbar icon at the moment.

I also use xp sp3.

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I see from your signature that you use Prevx. This could be related to the Prevx troubles that some people (including me) have been experiencing with icons and images not always being displayed correctly on the desktop.

It may be worth updating to the latest version of Prevx 3.0.5.140, which has just been released, to see if it helps. The latest version is supposed to fix problems with icons not displaying correctly. Prevx should auto-update within the next few days, but in the meantime you can download the latest version directly from the Prevx website and do a manual update.

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Thanks Pegr! I will see if that works.

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

If you still get the problem after updating to Prevx 3.0.5.140, try decreasing SafeOnline protection from Maximum to High and that should fix it - assuming of course that is SafeOnline that is causing the problem in your case (which it likely is).

More on this here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=272117

6. Cutting_Edgetech

The problem seems to be fixed. Thanks for the info! I updated Prevx, but haven't had to change any Prevx Settings at this point.

7. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Glad it's fixed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.