Online armor free

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Hefaistos22, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hefaistos22

Hefaistos22 Registered Member

I installed Online Armor free and it seems to work ok.but i have only one question-

1. Detect it some basic attacks?or port scans? Will it hide my comp to the others? Or it just have HIPS and allow and block incoming or outgoing applications featureo_O?

2. lookcity

lookcity Registered Member

one quesition ?
    OA free have "program guard" and basic " firewall" . But it's already enough.

3. Hefaistos22

Hefaistos22 Registered Member

sry:D in mind i have one question,but it is hard to write it so i ask some more questions:)
    but im still worried:-/ i want only some good firewall that wwill block some attack on me,port scans, hide my comp from the others..i dont need hips feature cause i allow almost all:D

4. lookcity

lookcity Registered Member

The HIPS function of OA can be disabled.
    Actually, HIPS make OA more brilliant.

5. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

no probs, ports scan will not see anything in case it is configured properly. I mean proper configuration is needed for trusted LAN. In case LAN is not trusted no special config is needed

6. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

The way I understand it OA free can only be "updated" by uninstalling your presently installed version and then installing a newer version. I was wondering if Tall Emu has any plans to allow OA free to actually update in the future?

7. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

You didn't mention what OS you have. If you don't have Vista (older FW are not Vista compatible) and you want just a simple firewall with no HIPS, OA is not the best choice - you can install Sygate or even Kerio 2. If you want HIPS too, OA is a good choice.

8. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

You can also "install over", which is much easier and preserves some settings.
    But I know nothing about Tall Emu plans :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.